Thank you for choosing StationeryHQ as your printing partner. To ensure that your files integrate smoothly with our systems, here are some general good practices for submitting files.
- All designs must be submitted as a flattened PDF (PDF/X-1a, which is compatible with Acrobat 4/ PDF version 1.3) in CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) color mode.
- Remove all crop marks and any other printer’s marks.
- Outline all fonts.
- All bitmap and raster images must be at least 300dpi (dots per inch) to ensure the best quality printing.
- Use flat black (C=0%, M=0%, Y=0%, K=100%) rather than rich black.
- Use of black or any heavily saturated color must be under a combined CMYK value of 240%.
(For example: C=40%, M=50%, Y=50%, K=100%)
- All spot, RGB and PMS colors must be converted to CMYK.
- Remove all ICC profiles before creating your PDF.
- Remove all overprint - it is not necessary and will not print correctly.
- StationeryHQ requires 0.125 inches of bleed area around the perimeter of your artwork to ensure accurate cutting.
- Include bleed area in all files, regardless of whether or not your artwork reaches its edges.
- Borders, if included, should be a minimum of 0.125 inches PLUS 0.125 inches of bleed for a total size of 0.25 inches or greater on each side.
- Files should be right reading and appear on screen in the same orientation as intended for the viewer. If the file is a portrait card, then the file should be sent “view portrait.” If the file is a landscape card, then the file should be sent “view landscape.”
- Carefully review your PDF/X-1a for color, text, and general appearance. Generally what you see in your PDF/X-1a is how it will print.
- For easy file set up, check out Mountaincow Design Software
Some example sizes of printing pieces:
5 inch by 7 inch Flat Card
- Bleed Size: 5.25 inches by 7.25 inches
- Cut Size: 5 inches by 7 inches
5 inch by 7 inch Foldover Card
- Bleed Size: 10.25 inches by 7.25 inches
- Cut Size: 10 inches by 7 inches
- Bleed Size: 3.75 inches by 2.25 inches
- Cut Size: 3.5 inches by 2 inches